Though I've been neglecting the garden for a while, I was able to pick a bunch of greens for lunch. In this basket there are mustard greens, brussels sprout leaves and katuk leaves.
![]() |
| Homegrown greens. |
![]() |
| More papaya. |
I noticed that some mustard leaves have while dots. I took a photo and posted it on a regional Facebook gardening page. A member told me that it was a fungus. She told me not to water in the late evening because moisture on the leaves leads to fungal spores. So I have to start watering in the morning.
![]() |
| Mustard greens. |
A week ago, Belinda at Frugal Workshop posted about buying produce from Misfits Market. Misfits Market delivers two sizes of boxes of organic ‘ugly’ produce once a week or every other week, depending on your subscription. This is what I received in the smaller ‘Mischief’ box ($22) . I placed the order on Saturday, the box was shipped on Tuesday, and was delivered today (Thursday). It was well packed with ice packs.
I plan to order every other week until it's safe to go to stores again. One of my friends told me that at several stores people didn't practice social distancing at all.
If you like to order a box (they deliver to over 25 states), you can get 25% off your first order by using COOKWME-HH5FRG (I’ll get 25% off my next order๐).
Stay safe all. ๐ผ๐ผ๐ผ
XXX
Nil






Good to hear you are feeling less stressed. The online ordered veggie box sounds like a great idea. Keep well.
ReplyDeleteNil, I might end up ordering online but will see how things pan out here. I did go to the supermarket today as a lady in the car park had a pack of toilet paper and said the shelves in Woolies had just been filled. I thought I would buy a pack in case anyone needed it and couldn't get to the shops but it was all gone by the time I got inside. I need to plant some greens at least as it has cooled down here.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you are feeling less stressed, today, Nil, and that a colleague has offered to share her videos with you. Sounds like you got a lot of work done in a very short period of time!
ReplyDeleteYou have a nice little harvest of greens from your garden! I was just thinking, the other day, that I don't have any vegetables in my garden. But, if worse comes to worst, I can make a sambol with all the curry leaves! :)
That's a good selection in your veg box. I've ordered one for the first time, to be delivered next week. It was more expensive than buying from the supermarket but I'm happy to pay the extra for the peace of mind knowing I won't have to go out to replenish my supplies.
ReplyDeleteyour basket of greens look wonderful. I do love brusel sprouts. Everything looks so green and healthy. I like papaya too. Good for digestion. I like the taste of it, and will sometimes buy it at the store albeit canned, so I imagine the fresh is really good. Stay well..we'll talk again.
ReplyDeleteThe vegetable box has a nice selection. They don't look too ugly to me. What a relief to have your obligations taken care of and be able to get back into your garden.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to feel less stress as the immune system is greatly affected by stress. That's coming from the stress queen herself. Heehee
ReplyDeleteI'm very tempted to order my veggies now. Thank you for sharing about them.
Oh wow, you received a good selection in your MM box, Nil. I didn't get the collard greens but would have loved those. We are supposed to have another box delivered today and I'm looking forward to it. Thank you for using my MM referral link. I appreciate that. :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad, that someone finally stepped up, and helped you!!!!! With your college work load!!! About time!!!! >,-)
ReplyDeleteThere are ways to deal with this crisis, and it is wonderful, that people are doing them. We have an area DAiry, which delivers once a week. And lots more than just dairy products.
So glad you are less stressed!!!!
๐ธGentle hugs๐ธ
I love the Misfits produce. I always say it doesn't have to be pretty to taste good. How wonderful - enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you felt less stress today, Nil. The fresh produce in your box looks great. I too am going to order a box of fruit/veg when I next need produce. MegXx
ReplyDelete(I don't think I wrote here yet!) I bought organic celery the other day (the only celery not sold out) and it had some bug holes and dirt so I knew it truly was organic...lol. Things are looking really nice in your gardens. I've heard that about watering...to not water at night. Yet I still do! Andrea
ReplyDelete3/29
ReplyDeletethank you for the Happy Birthday Wishes!!!
Gentle hugs,
๐บ๐ธ๐ผ๐น๐ป๐ท
Good to see your workload is under control, and you can relax a bit. I'm fortunate that there are a lot of roadside farm stalls around here, makes for a pleasant self-isolating drive, and usually no-one else there and an honesty box. Stress free shopping! Stay well Nil ๐
ReplyDelete